Sunday 20 January 2013

The Color of Money

I am going to review the Blu-Ray version of the Color of Money. I loved this film when I was younger. Haven't seen it in ages, so my thoughts of the film might change once I am done watching it.

Here is the IMDB link for the movie info if you would like to read about the film.

imbd Color of money

This film is directed by Martin Scorsese
and it stars Paul Newman, Tom Cruise, and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio
Released in 1986.






My review is going to be

The Quality of the Blu-Ray
My Thoughts on the film
Would I recommend this film to other
Best Part of the movie
Worst Part of the movie

and finally my LD Points where i rank it 0-5 LD Points

Alright the Quality of the movie is really good. turning an old movie and updating it with the technology today is amazing. This is a movie about Pool. Might have been why I like pool. I love Pool hall Junkies as well but that's a complete different film. This is a Scorsese film. So you cant take this film as being old, out of date, boring, cause there is no action scenes, no special effects. you take it as it is. The art of directing is like drawing a picture. you look at a Van goth and Picasso different for a reason.

Not to found of the hairiness of Newman, that's not why I love the film. Love it cause of the Pool aspect, and the pace of the movie. lots of story to tell. If you have the time to sit down and watch this movie to the full extent. By full extent, make sure your phones are off and your comfortable watching it. And no need for loud speakers. its mostly in pool halls.

The best Part, is for the most the pool shots. and hustling the other players. Newman does a great job being a teacher. and Cruise the student. I think the whole movie is great.

I didn't like the opening credits, they were long. a little to long. but if you watch the speed of the credits you know that's the speed of the film as well. so take that into effect.

I still love this film, but not as much as i remember. I am giving this a 4.2 LD Points out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment